To qualify for the extended term you must register your product within 90 days of delivery.
All Insignia products consist of 12 months parts only warranty. The start date being the date at which it was collected / delivered to you by your retailer. Insignia Products are designed as DIY items and do not cover 3rd party labour costs should the purchasing client choose or prefer to use such. All electrical or mechanical components are designed to be exchanged if required and replaced with ease. In the case of steam shower cabins and steam shower generators a Part P Electrical install certificate number MUST be obtained to enable warranty of electrical items. This is very important. In nearly all cases required by law, it is designed to not only protect the maker’s electronics to a reasonable level but above all ensure YOUR SAFETY.
Registration must take place within 90 days of delivery, the above period of warranty will then be extended free of any cost or charge to 60 months parts only warranty. Registration is found here www.insigniarange.co.uk/warrantyreg.aspx Steam Shower cabins MUST have part "P" install certificate number submitted on the application form. No extension is possible without this. 6, 9, & 12 KW steam generators designed for heavier domestic use require registration, but the static 12 months parts coverage remains in place.
Making a Warranty Claim
After registration of warranty, claims for a replacement part(s) can be made directly to our Customer Services team by clicking here you should expect written e-mail replies within 24 working hours (excluding weekends and bank holidays). Please check your junk mail / spam filter setting to allow for this. All replies are in writing. No telephone conversations take place as full records can be kept by both the customer and the makers alike. A proven system tried and tested over many years, aiding you the customer.
In the event of an electrical failure, Insignia Products will never ask or expect a client to remove or exchange any internal electronics contained within sealed units. All units are exchange and none serviceable items are found within. It is highly likely in the event of a definitive correctional diagnosis not being available, you will be asked to send an item back to our UK distributors. Here this item can be safely and correctly checked for operation, they offer courier, 48 hour turn around excluding weekends and holidays. Postage will be paid by us. Any failed electrical item will be exchanged with a brand new replacement. No repairs are undertaken and no second hand parts used.
Items Covered by Makers Parts Warranty
1) Thermostat cartridges*, water valve bodies, diverter cartridges, connections, supply hoses*, pipes, shower trays, wastes, steam outlets, radio speakers, extraction fans, covers, steam generators, electric transformer boxes, computer control panel, jets, foot spas, overhead shower heads. Hand shower heads, Ozone generators, LED lights*, whirlpool pumps, air motors, underwater lighting*, water inlets, frame profiles, wiring.
Items Not Covered by Makers Parts Warranty
* Any item where calcium build up is the cause, pictures will be taken and relayed back to the client, LEDs, light bulbs have 12 month cover as failure is not a makers fault or failure but a consumable. Hand Shower chrome connection hoses these are through normal wear and tear and no coverage. Glass or profiles as they will not degrade after original fitting, Peeling column paint which is only ever caused by failure to remove all cleaning agents fully. Use of Limelight, Viakal and all other corrosive products on chrome or paintwork. Wood effect tray inserts, not makers faults as plastic resin compounds and do not degrade.
On decision of an exact item being required, the identified part will be sent by Royal Mail or other courier direct to the address shown at date of purchase. Should a part no longer be available or superseded, the updated replacement will be sent. If our customer services team are not able to resolve the problem we will, in our discretion, decide whether to approve a repair, and then pay for the parts, or may replace or pay the cost of replacing your equipment, in each case subject to the terms and conditions below.
In the event of failure to any optional extra / upgrade or electrical item supplied at the time of purchase and the part or replacement item is no longer obtainable from the manufacturers, financial recompense will be offered as follows:
Cost of item if total failure as invoiced After 12 months less 20%. Thereafter decreasing 20% per annum or part thereof. Non critical part failure example lights, Leds, printed circuits etc, is subject to cost of part less 20% per annum or part thereof. Minimum recompense is set at £20.00.
Terms and Conditions General
1. You must ensure your shower is fitted with isolation taps (like a washing machine/dishwasher) and turned off when not in operation.
2. There is no limit to the number of replacement parts to your equipment which can be approved during the period of your parts warranty.
3. Inspections authorised by us will be carried out during our technician’s normal working hours only, which are typically Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm.
4. Applications for replacement equipment will only be considered where the equipment is covered by, manufacturer's or repairer's guarantee.
5. You must operate your equipment in line with the manufacturer's instructions and must not modify it.
6. Your equipment must not have been misused, neglected, poorly installed, subject to malicious damage, or damage caused by fire, explosion, floods, lightning, storms, frost or other bad weather conditions, rust, corrosion or calcium (limescale) build up. Your product must in all cases have been serviced in accordance to Insignia Products recommendations. More details can be found here www.insigniarange.co.uk/help.aspx
7. In the case of 6,9,12 KW Heavy domestic steam generation units, Limescale build up can be excessive in medium to hard water areas and prevent operation very swiftly. It is the owners responsibility to prevent this by the use of water softeners.
8. Your equipment must be used in a domestic environment. Equipment used in a non-domestic or commercial environment must be subject to our prior approval in writing.
9. Your equipment will be covered only within the boundary of the EU defined Territories, unless we agree otherwise in writing.
10. You are liable for the cost of repairs if there is no fault found with the equipment, or to the extent that it requires routine maintenance, cleaning, servicing, cosmetic repairs (e.g. Damage to paintwork, dents or scratches) or where there is any problem with the supply of electricity, or water.
11. Payment will not be approved for costs arising from being unable to use your equipment or for any other loss or damage not included under your warranty parts benefits which arises from the breakdown of your equipment, including any costs to remove or reinstate built-in or fitted equipment. Consequential damage or liability claims are without condition, expressly exempt from the makers warranty and no payment is or will be offered or made.
12. Your warranty will become nil and void on exportation of your product from its original country of delivery. Please note UK Mainland will be treated as a delivery destination therefore any internal movement of the product after delivery will still be warranted within the UK mainland region.
13. The plan does not include:
Labour or any services employed by a third party
The failure of the equipment to operate correctly caused by the withdrawal of services by a third party.
Software (including operating systems) loss or failure
Replacement of consumer durables (e.g. Batteries, light bulbs, leds inc fittings, condensers, ballast's florescent tubes etc).
Wooden effect products such as slatted floors and Stools. (these carry a 12 month warranty only)
Accessories unless we agree otherwise in writing.
The Replacement/repair of any factory sealed unit which has been opened/tampered with (I.e steam generator/control panel).
1. If a replacement part is approved, we may replace your equipment with new equipment of the same or similar make and specification.
2. If we cannot reasonably arrange a replacement part we may decide to pay you a contribution towards the cost of the new equipment. Usually this will be vouchers redeemable from an approved Insignia retailer. If a full replacement has been mutually agreed, replacement will be of the client’s choice having received a full monetary refund by ourselves or an approved Insignia Dealer.
3. When your equipment has been replaced under condition 1 or 2 above your plan will end immediately.
4. When any part or equipment has been replaced you will be responsible for disposing of the original equipment at your own cost if it remains in your possession.
Your Right To Change Your Mind:
You may cancel the warranty at any time before the end of your manufacturer's guarantee period. This does not affect the statuary rights regards this issue and is seen to be "in addition" not a depletion or attempt at depletion of rights prevailing at the time.
How to Contact Us
Insignia Products UK Distribution company as below will be happy to answer any questions or grievance you may have. They also have the power to contact ourselves the makers, on your behalf in order swift conclusions can be made. Write to the Customer Care Manager at c/o Insignia Outlet UK Distributors 9A Deans Road Canon Industrial Estate Old Wolverton Milton Keynes Bucks MK12 5NA
Insignia Products do not subscribe to any third party e-mail database partners and your details will remain private in all instances.